Mold Removal Expectations
Finding mold in your Atlanta, GA business is frustrating. As a savvy business owner, you know how vital it is to get the problem taken care of as soon as possible. On the flip side, time is money for continued business success. Understanding the mold removal process and getting the right help are keys to a faster recovery.
The Remediation Process
When it comes to mold growth, every situation is different. In most cases, the remediation process takes three to seven days. Depending on the location and extent of damage, it may require moving operations off-site during the cleanup. Once an inspection and assessment are completed, you can have the following expectations for mold removal:
- Technicians will be outfitted with safety gear, including a face mask, goggles, gloves and protective suit.
- The affected area will be sealed off with a containment barrier, ensuring spores don’t spread to unaffected areas.
- Unsalvageable materials will be removed, such as portions of drywall, insulation and baseboards.
- Surface areas are treated to kill the mold.
- After physical removal, high-tech air scrubbers or other tools are used to clean the air of any potential spores.
- A sealer or encapsulant may be used to increase resistance to black mold and water damage, as well as control odors.
Knowing that mold may easily return if not properly taken care of, finding the right help is essential. If the damage is extensive, it's best to find a certified remediation and restoration company. That ensures they are up to date on the latest standards and processes. It is also important to verify that their technicians are also certified. Along with having the tools and techniques needed for cleanup, they will also be able to make any structural repairs.
While mold removal may mean some downtime, not getting it properly taken care of may mean much more downtime in the future.